Thursday, February 23, 2012

English Muffins, Mila and Apple Butter


I think I have hit the jackpot on this one:) Getting my oldest son Matthew, who is now 7, to eat Mila every day is a battle! Yet when he doesn't eat it, even one day, we see a major change in his behavior and his bowels. He becomes very moody, cries easily, homework takes 90 minutes instead of 30 minutes and he quickly becomes constipated. So missing a day of Mila is not an option. Staples in our house are muffins that I make 1-2 times per week, Rice Krispie Treats once in awhile, French Toast a few mornings a week and pancakes with Mila. This week I put one full scoop of Mila in about 3/4 cup of Cracker Barrel Apple Butter (no high fructose corn syrup or sugar added) and spread the mixture on top of a Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin. Bingo!! "Mom, can I please have another one?" Music to my ears:)

No comments: